Programs administered by the Ministry:
The 2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan (2013-2020 CCAP) (French, PDF, 3,7 Mo)), is the tool by which Québec is framing its action in the fight against climate change for this period.
The Plan includes 30 priorities and more than 150 actions led by some 15 Government of Québec ministries and other bodies.
Thanks to the Green Fund (French), followed by the Electrification and Climate Change Fund, whose revenue comes mainly from the carbon market, the government supports companies, municipalities and private citizens in transitioning to a resilient, low carbon world.
More than 20 programs (French) and a variety of initiatives have been launched to address the following challenges:
- Reduce fossil fuel consumption and improve the energy efficiency of buildings, industrial processes and vehicle fleets
- Provide support for the development of mass and active transit
- Accelerate the electrification of transport and the creation of new companies in this field
- Broaden the use of renewable energy sources in all activity sectors
- Encourage research and development in the field of clean technology
- Have a proactive approach so that Quebec can better adapt to the impacts of climate change. In addition to the actions set out in the 2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan, Québec also defined its first adaptation strategy in June 2012: the 2013-2020 Climate Change Adaptation Strategy.
Update our knowledge on climate change and its environmental, social and
economic impacts on Québec.
The 2013-2020 CCAP expires on March 31, 2021, and will be replaced by the 2030 Plan for a Green Economy (2030 PGE), which is the electrification and climate change policy framework that was unveiled on November 16, 2020. The initial 2030 PGE implementation plan covers the 2021-2026 period. It will be revised annually and systematically cover the following five years in order to take into account the progress achieved, economic context, and evolution of knowledge and technology.
- 2013-2020 CCAP Changes and Report:
- Report on Climate Change Action Plans (French)
- Programs and projects sheets (French) - These sheets report on the implementation of each action and the expenses incurred. They are updated twice a year.
- Climate Change - Actions for GHG Reduction - 2018-2019 Budget
PDF, 1.4 MB)
Amendment to the 2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan
- 2013-2020 CCAP measures and allocation of funding
PDF, 454 KB)
- Order respecting the enhancement of the 2013-2020 CCAP
PDF, 605 KB)
- 2013-2020 CCAP Programs
- Programs administered by the Ministry
- Transfert from the Electrification and Climate Change Fund to the Land Transportation Network Fund under the 2013-202 Climate Change Action Plan (French PDF, 40 ko)
Quebec’s 2020 GHG Emissions reduction Target Achievement Report (French, PDF, 1,6 MB)
- 2013-2020 CCAP Press Releases (French)